trea·son/ˈtrēzən/: The crime of betraying one’s country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government.
I want you to keep that definition in mind as you watch this video of Republican Mitch McConnell in 2010 saying what his, as well as the Republican Party’s, absolute MAIN priority are over the next few years is:
Then in this interview in 2011, Mitch McConnell says, in regards to his above comment: “But that’s in 2012. Our biggest goal for THIS year is to get this country straightened out, and you can’t get this country straightened out if we don’t do something about spending, about deficit, about debt and get this economy moving again.”
Ahhh…Ok I’m sorry I must have misunderstood what you meant by your top priority is to make President Obama a one term President because you see, your actions are completely ass backwards from what you said – so clearly you can see how I am confused – Because this is what your actions have been:
- How many filibusters under Obama? The Republicans have used the filibuster an unprecedented amount of times, blocking absolutely every idea (good OR bad) of the Obama administration that could have accelerated getting out of the recession we’re in.
- REFUSED to act on President Obama’s Jobs Bill, that you have refused to vote on since September of 2011 – which absolutely could’ve brought millions of people back in to the workforce
- REFUSED mutual compromise on passing a new balanced budget
- REFUSED to cut ANY money from our defense budget, even though the United States Military is larger than the NEXT 16 LARGEST MILITARIES COMBINED
- REFUSED to raise the debt ceiling, claiming Obama “spent money like a drunken sailor” which is completely false since it doesn’t allow the government to spend more money, it’s to pay EXISTING bills – and ironically has been done multiple times a year, without question, under every other President – including the Republican “poster boy,” who they CONSTANTLY rave about, Ronald Reagan, in which the debt ceiling was raised an unprecedented 18 times during his term
- REFUSING to raise the debt ceiling, literally almost forcing the government to completely shut down, and ultimately causing Americas pristine credit rating to be downgraded
- REFUSING to raise taxes, particularly on the richest people in America but instead wanting to give them MORE tax breaks (trickle down economics) which has been absolutely disproven in the last decade
- Actually signing a pledge, exactly like a 10 year old signing an abstinence pledge in school, called the “Americans For Tax Reform Pledge” brought forth by Republican nut job Grover Norquist, that says “the candidate must oppose ANY and ALL tax increases.”
- Violating women’s rights that have been in place since the 1960’s by passing laws in Republican ran Virginia and Arizona stating “Any woman who wants an abortion will be forced to have a NON MEDICAL, transvaginal probe to create an ultrasound – which is clearly meant to shame the woman for being pro-choice.
- And a slew of other things, but this will do for now
That was the Republican party as a whole. I do acknowledge that there are a FEW Republican politicians that do not fall under any or all categories I described above – although I have no clue who they are. There’s your benefit of the doubt, so you can’t say I’m some far left extremist or whatever else you can conjure up. I am an INDEPENDENT VOTER – and my interpretation of that is I vote for reason, common sense, compromise and policies that will benefit the nation as a whole – which is something the Republican party is NOT for now, as I’ve clearly made my case. I’ve introduced FACTS, which is something this new extreme Republican party does not entertain. Even former Governor Jeb Bush has publicly came out and said that Ronald Reagan and his father George Bush would not be accepted into this new extremist Republican party, which is quite telling, especially since Republicans diarrhea Ronald Reagan’s name 24/7.
Why I Cannot and Will Not Vote For Mitt Romney
Two great videos with Bill Maher talking about Mitt Romney and Bain Capital
Then there’s the Affordable Health Care Act, or Obamacare as it’s been dubbed. Mitt Romney and the Republicans have harped so much on how “bad” Obamacare is and how the plan to “repeal it on day 1.” But, ironically, Obamacare was modeled EXACTLY after the program Mitt Romney put into place in Massachusetts, which he claims was absolutely fantastic and helped tens of thousands of people. From what I have read, I think that’s true. But again, all of a sudden now that President Obama wants to implement a Massachusetts style health care mandate for ALL Americans, it’s the worst thing in the world and they have NO idea where the crazy black man in the White House got that idea. Hmm…If that’s not one of the most severe cases of hypocrisy I’ve ever seen, then I don’t know what is.
Now we come to Mitt Romney’s finances. It has been standard procedure for the last 40+ years that Presidential candidates release around 10 years of tax returns to the American public, a procedure pioneered by Mitt’s father! In 1967 when George Romney was running for President he released 12 years of his tax returns! How many has Mitt himself released? 1 year – 2010. And a measly “estimate” for 2011. So not only has he not followed what has been standard procedure, but in traditional Mitt fashion we’re just supposed to take him at his word that there is nothing in his taxes or finances that would be inappropriate or outraging to the American people. He has absolutely refused to release any more of his tax returns claiming “They’ll just ask for more if I give in” and “I’ll just be giving in to the Democrats demands.” Um….Well Mitt, you absolutely should. And it’s NOT just Democrats saying this, it’s people within your own party Mitt! Especially since you seem to be allergic to keeping your money in AMERICA, the country you made your money in; the country that has made your wealth possible! Now why would he not keep his money in the United States and not release his tax returns? Well that answer is simple – Because if he did release them, the American people would find out that Mitt Romney has used every loop hole in the book to keep from being taxed the appropriate tax rate – the very laws he and his lawyer friends help write. Mitt Romney uses tax loopholes to evade taxes by claiming “charitable deductions” and loads of other nonsense, bringing his effective tax rate down to a measly 13% – while on the other hand, President Obama is paying almost a 30% effective tax rate. If that doesn’t outrage you, I don’t know what will.
And my final reason I will not vote for Romney, which is very simplistic, is this: The Republicans haven’t even warmed up to Romney. They don’t see a President in him. In a national poll done in January, when given the choice between Mitt Romney and Tim Tebow, 31% of Republicans said they would vote for Tim Tebow over Mitt Romney. Yes you read that correctly. TIM TEBOW. 69% said they would vote for Romney; 31% said Tim Tebow. Why? Because people don’t like Mitt Romney. He’s inauthentic and completely disconnected from Americans. People know what Tim Tebow stands for. They don’t know what Mitt Romney stands for. Hell, I don’t even think HE knows what he stands for because he’s been on both sides of literally every issue. He is the top 1% trying to pass himself off as “plumber Joe,” just a regular ol’ guy. Since the run for the Republican Presidential nomination has began, the Republicans have had over 8 front runners before finally settling for Mitt Romney. It’s like he just happened to be the last guy sitting at the end of a game of musical chairs and the Republicans went “Ehh…we’ll wing it.” Before settling for Mitt Romney, here were the other front runners:
- Mitt Romney
- Newt Gingrich
- Rick Santorum
- Herman Cain
- Michele Bachmann
- Rick Perry
- Jon Hunstman
- Donald Trump
Yes. Somehow even Donald Trump was a front runner for the Republicans – despite the fact he wasn’t even in the race! Shouldn’t that tell you something?
So the Republicans plan has been to tank the economy and blame it on Obama – then have Mitt Romney swoop in as the savior to pull us all out of the hell hole Obama put us in – except it isn’t the one Obama put us in. It’s the one the REPUBLICANS put us in to further their own agenda. So I leave you with this: Now since you know the Republican party’s objective has been to methodically keep Obama a “one term President” by blocking, stonewalling and filibustering any and all attempts put forth by the Obama administration to get us OUT of this economic recession – also known as high jacking – it is YOUR duty as a citizen of the United States to stand up and vote against this treasonous practice – sending a message to ALL politicians, past and future, that this is NOT the America we want to live in and that it’s NOT ok! Vote AGAINST treason and vote Obama back into office! #OBAMA2012